Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Charred Tears by Lizzy Ford

★ASHLEY STOYANOFF'S REVIEW★
Charred Tears 
Heart of Fire series Book 2
By Lizzy Ford


Title: Charred Tears (#2Heart of Fire)
Author: Lizzy Ford
Number of Pages: 174
Publication Info: Guerrilla Wordfare (Dec 2013)Genre: AdultParanormal Romance
Shelf: Books I BoughtRating: ★★★

Goodreads: Here 
Purchase: Here 
Authors Website: Here 

~ Summary from Goodreads ~
Skylar is being hunted by the very people she used to trust. Stung by Chace’s betrayal, she struggles to keep one step ahead of the slayers while digging deeper into the past she doesn’t remember for answers. Her heart belongs to Chace, but she won’t be fooled by him again, not when the price of trusting him could cost more than their lives.

Chace got what he wanted – freedom from the curse – only to discover he’s given up much more than the power he didn’t want. He’s lost the woman who holds the other half of his heart. Exiled and powerless, he’s all that stands between her and the danger tracking both of them. To save her, he must prove himself worthy of her heart and trust and find a way to recover the magic he traded to become human.



~ My Review ~
Okay, I’m officially addicted to this series.   Charred Tears is the second book in theHeart of Fire series.  It picked up right where the first book left off, not missing a beat.

The world really grew in this one.  The shifters and relationships, more clear.  Ford did a fantastic job laying out the details and back story without slowing down the storyline.  Everything flowed so well.

So much happened in this segment.  Secrets were revealed.  There were some fantastic twists.  I’m literally itching to find out how it’s all going to play out.

I’m still struggling with Chace.  I don’t really like him all that much, not even in a ‘love to hate him’ kind of way.  I’d be perfectly content to see Sky walk away from him and never look back.  He grew up a little in this book, but I just can’t shake the jerk-ish, selfish vibe he gave me from the first book.  But maybe there’s still hope for him.  Like I said, he did grow up a little.

Hmmm ... What else can I say without spoiling anything?  Oh, I loved the figurines.   They were just perfect.

Overall, Charred Tears was a great read, even if I still don’t like Chace.  There’s lots of action and it kept me guessing.  If you haven’t checked out this series yet, then you should.  I totally recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)