Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Mystic Wolves by Belinda Boring.

★ASHLEY STOYANOFF'S REVIEW ★
The Mystic Wolves - Book 1 Mystic Wolves 
By Belinda Boring


Title: The Mystic Wolves (Book 1, Mystic Wolves)
Author: Belinda Boring
Number of Pages: 282
Publication Info: Moonstruck Media (Jan 2012)Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Shelf: Amazon Freebie
Rating: ★★★★

Goodreads: Here
Purchase: Here
Authors Website: Here

Summary from Goodreads:
What would you do if a simple errand takes a deadly twist, turning you from cautious prey to dangerous predator? 

Someone is trying to send a deadly message to Mason, arranging the deaths of those he loves and it puts the entire pack and Alpha on high alert. Darcy understands the primal instincts driving her beloved Mason's commands. With the help of those he sets as protectors, she learns about herself and the things she'll need to help support her Alpha and pack. When events turn dire however, one truth offers her strength - once given, oaths are unbreakable ... even if it means risking it all.


My Review: 
Danger, mystery, and an awesome romance … Yep, this book had it all.

We start out The Mystic Wolves meeting Darcy, the future mate of Mason, the Mystic Wolves alpha, and I loved her right from the start.  She’s fun, has a sense of humor, and loves getting into mischief alongside her best friend.  And then we meet Mason … He’s, well, perfect.  Protective, a bit possessive, strong, caring, and yep, he’s a hottie.  The alpha of the Mystic Wolves pack is the perfect package.

During a backyard party and a friendly game of football, a small, seemingly unimportant choice to go to the store, turns the good time into tragedy.  But when the pack receivesnews of another victim, what they thought was an isolated attack turns out to be more.  Someone is sending Mason a message.  Will Mason and his pack be able to find, and stop the person behind this, before anyone else becomes victim?  You’ll just have to read The Mystic Wolves to find out.

This story really was a treat.  I giggled in a few spots, cringed in others, and of course, my favorite part of any book, my heart fluttered … a lot.  Darcy and Mason wereawesome together. Belinda did a fantastic job with the romance between these two.  The passion, the love, all of it was perfect.  I could feel every second of it, and loved it.

Aside from Mason and Darcy, I loved the character of Daniel.  He added some much needed humor to the story, and I always found myself giggling when he was around.  For the most part, there was just enough back-story to keep me clued in as to who everyone was, why they were there, and what role/supernatural group they were from.  I would have liked more on some of the secondary characters, but there are still two more books in this series, so hopefully that will come.

So what held it back from being epic?  Simply, it dragged quite a bit.  Until I reached about the 50% mark, I wasn’t absorbed in the story.  The first half was entertaining, but I could easily put it down, only reading a few pages here and there.  But then something happened, and I just couldn’t tear myself away.

In the end, this was a great read and with the cliffhanger ending, I’m really looking forward to the next book.  I can’t wait to see how it all plays out for Darcy and Mason.

If you’re looking for a relatively light paranormal romance, and you like werewolves, thetry this one out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)