Friday, November 16, 2012

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Charity Rising by DeAnna Kinney

★ Ashley Stoyanoff's Review ★

Charity Rising (Charity #2) by DeAnna Kinney


Title: Charity Rising (Charity #2
Author: DeAnna Kinney 
Number of Pages: 300
Publication Information: UR Publishing Inc. (September2012) 
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Rating: ★★★★★


Summary from Goodreads

In this fast-paced, two-part sequel Charity is finally settling into her new role as alpha female to the Drake pack. With Prom and Graduation approaching, this should be the best time of her life, but something is wrong with Levi—dangerously wrong. With his odd behavior growing daily and her now blackening connection symbol, Charity is spurred into action. It’s a race against time, and any delay could result in the death of the only man she can ever love. Can she save him in time? If so, will their undying love and a stronger-than-ever heart connection be enough to withstand the damage created?


This installment in the Charity Series is fully loaded with everything from unlikely alliances, battles and romance, to humor, mystery, and even betrayal, as well as a few other surprises along the way. You have officially been warned.


My Review

Charity Rising was AMAZING! The writing was entertaining, and the story was seriously addictive.

This piece of the Charity Series brought the story to a whole new level.  I enjoyed the first book, but loved the second.  The romance was stronger; the action was more intense, and the suspense kept me flipping pages until the wee hours of the morning.

This piece of the Charity Series brought the story to a whole new level.  I enjoyed the first book, but loved the second.  The romance was stronger; the action was more intense, and the suspense kept me flipping pages until the wee hours of the morning.

Kinney had me back in high school and made me fall in love for the first time all over again. Charity’s character really came a long way from the first book (which I adored).  She was spunkier, playful, and even though she had me shaking my head at times—which is not a bad thing—I loved her “teen” attitude.  

The dialogue was fresh, fun, and most of all, had me giggling or awwwing over and over.Kinney really brought the characters to life and let them grow.  

At times, I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt…

“It called for one egg, lightly beaten.”
“And how did you beat the egg, exactly?”
“I dropped it in the pan with the rest of the ingredients and beat the snot out of it with my hands. Was that wrong?”
“Including the shell?”
“Umm.”

Seriously, this brings back memories.  Needless to say, I’m not a good cook, and I can totally relate.  :)

My only complaint is that Charity and Levi’s story is over and I don’t want it to end yet.  I hope we get to see more of them at some point in the future.

Charity Rising was an amazing sequel and well worth the read.   I highly recommend this series.

Ashley's Website:Here
Goodreads:Here
Purchase: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)