Saturday, October 6, 2012

Review: Some Girls by Jillian Lauren

Some Girls: My Life in a Harem 
by Jillian Lauren.

Rating: ♥♥♥♥
GoodReads: Here
Author's Site: Here
Amazon Site: Here



Synopsis:

"A jaw-dropping story of how a girl from the suburbs ends up in a prince's harem, and emerges from the secret Xanadu both richer and wiser"

Jillian is a theater school drop out living in New York with dreams of making it on the big stage,while stripping for a living. 
at an audition she learns that a rich businessman in Singapore pays "american girls" large sums of money to stay & spice up his parties.
before jullian knows it she's living in Borneo at the harem of Prince Jefri Bolkiah,  youngest brother of the Sultan of Brunei.....
leaving behind her gritty NY apartment for a polished marble palace with rugs laced with gold and trading her band of artist friends for a group of backstabbing beauties.

Review: 

"I Had to pick up my jaw though out the book, when I wasn't giggling that is or glued to the pages. "
When i first picked some girls i was expecting some "chick lit" light heart, holiday reading novel...what i found was a book that shocked me, not only because Jillian can write damn well!..but because her story was so raw, funny & utterly full of heart.
it's not one for the light of heart, some may find the langue crude & Jillian actions as foolish or selfish, I've lent my copy to a few people and that was there exact words...so its not a story for everyone but for those few who what an adventure, or read a novel which you scream "im not alone!" well this the novel for you.
i feel the main message in Jillian's book is Stay Strong, Stay Independent & Stay True to Yourself !


“She was like a real strawberry in a roomful of strawberry Pop-Tarts.” 
― Jillian LaurenSome Girls: My Life in a Harem


3 comments:

  1. This book sounds wonderful and the central message sounds absolutely true! If you aren't yourself, then who else would you be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check this one out. It sounds like a great read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Delaney, that's so true! =)

    I really hope do ash it's a bit rough around the edges but inside I reckon it's a real gem! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)