Thursday, October 25, 2012

Review: Complete Work of Edgar Allen Poe.

The Complete Work of Edgar Allen Poe.
By Edgar Allen Poe.
Rating: ♥♥♥♥
"Vintage Classics"

description


"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night. "

Poe, Poe, Poe.....what can I possibly say about such an writer, such a icon, such a master of gothic literature!...probably some thing dark, smart & witty... In true Poe form but... I'm not so much on the smart or witty side ...

So I'll stick with the undeniable fact......Edgar Allen Poe is a writing genius mad or not!

“I became insaine, with horrible initials of sanity.” 

There's something so raw & human in poe's work, it's beautiful to read & such a joy!
*que gothic happy dance*


 description

"Arousing from the most profound of slumbers, we break the gossamer web of some dream."


His Words just flow  effortlessly, it's like reading liquid.

you become transfixed & drawn into his stories, into his world of darkness, mystery, sorrow, beauty, death, love & loss.

<b>“We loved with a love that was more than love.” 

My favorites (out of many) were the  Teletaleheart, Murders at the Rue Mourge, The Raven, Annabel lea,

“And all I loved, I loved alone.” 


Some stories/poems/writings were better then others, they  had more finesse,  more structure. Which is the reason Why on the whole rated it 4 stars instead of 5.



“Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before” 


ultimately it was a very engaging  & unique read.  i defiantly did not read it one go, I potted through it over many weeks & even downloaded an audio version for ease, even a reader with a most insatiable  appetite would be pleased with this book which must have Poe fans every where screaming with utter joy!

 “There is no beauty without some strangeness”


It is very much a novel in which only a true "Poe" fan could digest & stll crave more, for me we'll I may re-read my favorites & rejoice in their beauty but I honest to god will never be able  to the whole thing again! 


 “I was never kinder to the old man than during the whole week before I killed him.”

But if you have never hap the pleasure of a story or poem please go find out & find one there defiantly worth it.

 “all thae see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)