Friday, December 13, 2013

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Tucked In: Jessica by N. Kuhn

★Ashley Stoyanoff's Review★
Tucked In: Jessica
By N. Kuhn  


Title: Tucked In: Jessica (The Hollywood Files, #2)
Author: N. Kuhn
Number of Pages: 85
Publication Info: WheelMan Press (May 2013)Genre: Adult Romance
Shelf: Gifts
Rating: ★★

Goodreads:Here
 Purchase: Here
 Authors Website: Here

~Summary from Goodreads~
Lance Tucker has spent years trying to forget one of his early clients. Having thought she was dead, he spent his career trying to make up for it. Until she walks back into his life, upsetting the careful balance he once had. Can he forgive Jessica and help her escape the grasp of The Master, leader of The Coven?

Christian Thompson is the Golden Boy of Hollywood. When you have too much money, boredom is your greatest enemy. We see it all the time, funny religions, groups and cults provide a way to relieve the rich of their money and beliefs. He disappears with his son, and Tuck must face The Coven, posing as a Religion, to save the child. Will Jessica be able to help him, or is she just there to get in the way. Tuck faces his greatest challenge to date, forgiveness.

~My Review~

I wanted to love this book.  Really, I did.  After the first one, I was super excited to read this.  I was dying to know more about Jessica.  But there was just something … awkward about it, and to be honest, I didn’t like Jessica at all.

When Tucker first started out in Hollywood, he fell for one of his first clients: Jessica.  They were crazy in love and got engaged, and then … she was killed—or so he thought.  In this book, Tucker is reunited with the love of his life but when he has to face The Coven that had taken her five years ago he realizes that he doesn’t know if he can trust her.  Not that I blame him, he did think that she was dead for five years and she never bothered to try and find him to tell him any different.

Like the first novella, I loved Tucker’s character.  He was a great lead and totally swoon worthy in this action packedstory. The plot was great.  It was paced well and really well thought out.

I guess the biggest problem for me was that I didn’t like Jessica.  I would have really liked to see more character development for her.  Also, this story could have used some work in the editing department.

In the end, this book was okay, but it really wasn’t for me.  Even with the big cliffhanger ending, I don’t think I’ll be continuing on with this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)