Friday, November 22, 2013

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Forget Me Not by Belinda Boring


★Forget Me Not
Mystic Wolves Book #2
By Belinda Boring



Rating: ★★★

Goodreads: Here
Purchase: Here
Authors Website: Here


~Summary from Goodreads~

Only a fool would think they could steal from a werewolf …

Anticipating a quiet night alone with the man she loves, Darcy’s world is sent into a spin with the arrival of someone from the past—Mason’s. She is further shocked by the intruder’s claim she may not even be the true mate of the Mystic Wolves Alpha. Accusations start to fly, leading to her new enemy being granted asylum, and this is just the beginning of trouble.Relying on the reassurances of Mason and the support of her friends and Pack, Darcy soon falls under attack. Suspicions are raised, and with no other choice, she must flee with Devlin to safety where hopefully they can untangle the lies hidden behind the use of magic. Time is quickly ticking away, leading to a showdown where everything is on the line.They need to uncover the truth before it’s too late, or once again, Darcy will need to fight to hold onto her dreams.


~My Review~

Action packed and leaves you begging for more.  Forget Me Not is a fantastic sequel toMystic Wolves!

What I loved:  I loved the swoony kisses from the first book, and we still get them in this one, but not as often.  And without the pages of swoon, there was definitely more story/character development.  I fell in love with Mason all over again and I loved every second of it.

And that cliffhanger ending … LOVED IT!  I’ve always loved cliffhangers.  They give the reader something to look forward to, and I love that itching feeling, waiting to get myhands on the next book.  Forget Me Not definitely has me itching for the next one.

What I liked:  This segment of the Mystic Wolves series had a lot more action than the first one and I really enjoyed that.  There were lots of twists and turns that kept me guessing, and I really liked watching the different supernatural beings interact in this book.

What drove me crazy:  Amber, yep, Amber.  She drove me batty.  She was an okay villain, but really, she could have been so much more.  She brought a bit of tension to the book, but not enough.  All she did was tell a few lies, and it was never enough for me to believe that she was an actual threat to Mason or Darcy.

So my final thoughts … Well, it was a fun, light read.  I enjoyed it and will be continuing on with this series.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)