Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Tucked in: Lianna by N. Kuhn

~
Tucked In: Lianna
The Hollywood Files #1
By N. Kuhn
~


Title: Tucked In: Lianna (The Hollywood Files, #1)
Author: N. Kuhn
Number of Pages: 72
Publication Info: WheelMan Press (May 2013)Genre: Adult Romance
Shelf: Gifts
Rating: ★★★

Goodreads: Here
Purchase: Here 
Authors Website: Here

~Summary from Goodreads~
Lance Tucker is a force to be reckoned with. Hollywood elite hire him to handle their dirty work. Having spent years in the Special Forces, he has made a name for himself. Tucking In. If your lead actress disappears, he finds her. Got drug problems, death threats, he erases them. Dirty work that would make a grown man cringe, means nothing to Tuck. With his network of contacts, he’s able to keep things on the down low, assuring none of what you need hits the papers. But has Tuck met his match in Lianna Landry?

Lianna, a beauty since childhood, caught Hollywood’s eyes and hearts as a child. Growing up in glittery Hollywood, she did what a lot of child actors do, she fell down a path of destruction and drugs. She’s in and out of rehab and trouble, until a movie producer gives her a last chance at redemption. After disappearing, Tuck is sent to find her. But, when he does, she’s gotten herself in way over their heads. Can Tuck save Lianna from a certain death or worse at the hands of Akio Hokkaido? Can they fight their attraction long enough to stay alive?


~My Review~
Well this was a fun novella!  Full of action and suspense with lots of lust mixed in.  This one kept me interested right until the end.

I really enjoyed Tucker’s character.   He was easy to follow along and I loved his attitude.  I wasn’t a huge fan of the love interest (or better, the lust interest) Lianna.  But with Tucker around, I hardly noticed her.  My focus was pretty much only on him.  All I can say is holy hotness.

Once the story got going, it was action packed and moved along at a quick and smooth pace.  The plot was great and well thought out.  I also really enjoyed seeing all the sexual frustration from a male POV.

So what stopped me from loving it?  Well, with only 70-ish pages, I found myself putting it down a few times.  There was a lot of information/back-story at the very beginning that made it drag a bit.  It was definitely needed, but could have been spread out.  As if was, it took me a bit to get into it and when I did the story was over.

Overall, it was a fun read.  If you are looking for something quick that’s packed with action and some steaminess mixed in then you should check this one out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)