Friday, October 18, 2013

Ashley Stoyanoff's Book Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

★Ashley Stoyanoff's Review 
~City of Glass~
By Cassandra Clare



Title: City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)

Author: Cassandra Clare
Number of Pages: 561
Publication Info: Margaret K. McElderry Books (Mar 2009)Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy
Shelf: Books I Bought
Rating: ★★★

Goodreads: Here
 Purchase: Here
 Authors Website: Here

~Goodreads Summary~

To save her mother’s life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters—never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family’s past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he’s willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City—whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the third installment of bestselling series the Mortal Instruments.


~My Review~

What can I say about this book? Well, it was awesome.  It was action packed.  It had me gasping and laughing and there were moments when I had tears in my eyes.  My heart raced, and then stopped beating, only to race again.  I was at the edge of my seat, and at times, I was jumping out of it.  City of Glass was really a fantastic read.

And of course, there was Jace …


I am a man,” he told her, and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown.
― Cassandra ClareCity of Glass

And there was that special moment that I’d been waiting for since the first book …

“And now I’m looking at you,” he said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me.” ― Cassandra ClareCity of Glass

The writing was just as wonderful as it was in the previous books for this series.  It pulled me in from the first page.  But I have to be honest … there were a few places that really dragged for me.  Mostly this was in the last third of the book where a lot of truths were revealed in the form of long stretches of dialogue.  It was all interesting, and it was needed, but I’d pretty much pieced the truth together by then so those sections just felt long to me.

So my final thoughts on this book … I really enjoyed it and I’m sure I’ll be reading it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)