Sunday, June 2, 2013

Ashley Stoyanoff Review: The Sun Dwellers by David Estes

★ASHLEY STOYANOFF'S REVIEW★
 The Sun Dwellers by David Estes


Title: The Sun Dwellers (The Dwellers Saga, #3)
Author: David Estes
Number of Pages: 398
Publication Info: David Estes (November 2012)
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Dystopian
Shelf: Books I Bought
Rating: ★★★★

Goodreads: Here
Author Website: Here
Purchase: Here

Summary from Goodreads:
Includes a bonus Dwellers Short Story (Anna's Story) and a sneak peek at David Estes' follow up YA dystopian series, Fire Country!

With those she's closest to dying around her, Adele embarks on a secret mission to the Sun Realm to assassinate the President. Along the way she'll uncover secrets about her relationship with Tristan that she might not be ready to face.

Tristan has a secret, too, one that's been eating him up inside ever since he met Adele. Will he reveal all, and risk the loss of friendship and love at a time when he needs it the most?

At the same time, Adele's mother, General Rose, must lead her soldiers into battle to face the sun dweller army in the hopes of holding them off until Adele can complete her mission. Can she outlast the strength of President Nailin's elite fighting force?

There's only one truth in their world: someone must die.


My Review:
Wow!  What a book.  Estes finishes off this trilogy with a bang.  So much so, that I’m just itching to start The Country Saga.  I want … no, I NEED to know what happens!

Book three of The Dwellers Saga was action packed.  This book played with my every emotion.  I cried, I laughed; I even wanted to scream.  The Sun Dwellers was an amazing ride.  So amazing, that I’m sure I’ll be thinking about it for months to come.

Adele was awesome.  She was awesome in the last two books, but she was even more awesome in this one.  I loved her fire.  She stood her ground, followed her gut.  I just loved her.  And Tristan … Tristan was completely perfect.

Estes writing is so descriptive, so suspenseful, so amazing, you just can’t help but feel everything, see everything.  He has truly created and amazing world in The Dwellers Saga.

My only complaint (a super small one) was that there were a couple spots where it slowed for me.  I can’t really say why.  It may have just been my mood that day, but there were a few times where I did put it down to watch mindless TV.

Even with the drawback, I loved this trilogy and I will be reading it again for sure.  If you haven’t read these books yet then stop everything and read them now!  You won’t regret it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)