Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Of Silk & Fire by Allie Brennan

★ASHLEY STOYNAOFF'S REVIEW
Of Silk & Fire by Allie Brennan 


Title: Of Silk and Fire
Author: Allie Brennan 
Publication Info: Allie Brennan (Apr 2013)Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Shelf: Books I Bought
Rating: ★★★★

Goodreads: Here
Author's Website: Here
Purchase: Here

Summary from Goodreads:
~Young Adult Paranormal Romance NOVELLA~



Ella Olsen is only certain of two things: She was born to be an aerialist in the circus, and she’s in love with the boy who stole her memories.Unable to remember anything about herself, her past, or her telekinetic ability, Ella’s determined to uncover the truths that have been hidden from her by the boy who can read her thoughts. But forcing out secrets as dark as hers could crack the seal of her mind completely.Ella isn’t only remembering the past… she’s reliving it.

And some memories are best left hidden...

My Review:
First off, I have to say, I love the cover of this book.  

Of Silk and Fire was full of mystery.  As the blurb says, Ella had her memories stolen, and she is determined to get them back.  She wakes up on a train not knowing who she is or where she is.  As the story plays out, Ella starts forcing her memories to come back to her, except, she’s only getting small glimpses at a time, and the pieces of her memories that she does uncover only leads to more questions than answers.

Typically, I’m not a huge fan of books filled with flashbacks.  A few are fine, but too many and I usually get board, but in this novella, it was essential and I loved every one of them.  The glimpses of memories from Ella enhanced the mystery and had me dying to know what was real and what wasn’t.

I loved Ella’s character.  She was stubborn (not that I could blame her, she did have her memories stolen) and she had a great energy about her.  I connected with her right away, and that connection stuck right up to the last page.

Really, the only thing I could have wanted in this story is more character development for Maddock, well that, and for it to have been longer.  If I was disappointed in the ending, it was only because I didn’t want the book to end at all.

Overall, Of Silk and Fire was a wonderful novella, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys YA paranormal romance.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)