Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ashley Stoynaoff's Review: The Star Dwellers by David Estes

★ASHLEY STOYNAOFF'S REVIEW

The Sun Dwellers by David Estes.

Title: The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers Saga, #2)Author: David EstesNumber of Pages: 374
Publication Info: David Estes (Sept 2012)Genre: YA, Fantasy, Dystopian
Shelf: Books I BoughtRating: ★★★★★
Goodreads: Here
Purchase:Here
Author’s Website: Here

Summary from Goodreads:
After rescuing her father and younger sister, Adele is forced to leave her family and Tristan behind to find her mother in the cruel and dangerous realm of the star dwellers.

Amidst blossoming feelings for Adele, Tristan must cast his feelings aside and let her find her own way amongst the star dwellers, while he accompanies Adele's father to meet with the leaders of the moon dwellers and decide the fate of the Tri-Realms.

Will Adele be able to rescue her mother and make it back to the Moon Realm before the President and the sun dweller soldiers destroy her family?

Can Tristan convince the moon dweller puppets of the error of their ways?


Was Adele's lost kiss with Tristan her one and only chance at love?
In her world there's only one rule: Someone must die.


My Review:
This was an awesome sequel!  The Star Dwellers picked up right where The Moon Dwellers left off.  Tristan and Adele have split up, each with their own important mission to tackle for the rebellion against the Sun Dwellers.  They had to face a slew of challenges, and there were some unexpected twists and turns that literally had me on the edge of my seat.


The characters really grew in this segment and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them better.  Not just Adele and Tristan, but Roc and Tawni became an important part of the story.  I really couldn’t have asked for better secondary characters.  

Estes brought the world to life with pages filled with description.  I felt every emotion,and saw every scene.  My heart broke and soared right along with the characters.  

My only complaint (and it’s a small one) is that I really wanted to see more of Adele and Tristan together.  Hopefully the next book will build on their budding romance.  :)

The Star Dwellers was beautifully written and there was never a dull moment.  I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)